Monday, August 29, 2011

Pruning Happy





I recently borrowed a couple of pruning books from the library to give me more of an idea on how to prune my plants, especially the bay laurel tree I've had for a couple years now. So I read up on it the night before and the first I did when I got up was head to my back patio with my pruning shears in hand and started cutting. I think I might have gone pruning happy! Before I knew it, the tree looked like a storm passed and all left were a few twigs and some leaves. Ooops! I'm sure it'll be fine. The book mentions that the only way to learn is to just do it and cut! I can't wait until more leaves start developing. Well, at least I have tons of dried bay leaves for cooking. Happy Pruning!

Any pruning advice or anecdotes you can give on pruning for the faint at heart?

2 comments:

  1. My mom seemed to think I got I little too happy with the rose pruning myself, too soon, or late I should say, as the roses stems where already starting to grow for the year (so maybe I should have Googled when to do that) but I think they will be fine in a few weeks they are filling in already. I love looking at her garden…I love plants, although the deer and that fat fury little brown animal-whatever it is (ground hog?)-seems to like plants also and seem to get to the food bearing plants first despite the fence. I guess I can think of it as a personal wild life show although I'm not sure if that makes mom feel any better about it. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's funny! I just pruned our roses too (too late or too early), but the seem to be growing back nicely. I hope your mom still is ok with you pruning her plants! :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...