Monday, July 4, 2011

Starting more seeds

I started some seeds a few weeks ago and decided to start some more. I seem to be having trouble starting the Chile de Arbol pepper and Cayenne Pepper so I started more of those.

I made my seedling starting pots from recycled newspaper, toilet paper rolls, paper towel rolls, and plastic from a container that I was going to throw away. Also, the tray the seedlings are on are from plastic from Trader Joes that held strawberries and cucumbers. All recycled and free!























I have tomatillos, peter pan squash, 2 varieties of onions, chile de arbol pepper, 2 varieties of cucumbers and some spinach (which i think is way too late in the season to start). Next time I'll start the spinach way before the spring here in the warm SoCal weather.

























Here are the cucumbers and peter pan squash that I've transplanted. I think it was a bit too soon to transplant them, but they seem to be doing fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...