Monday, July 30, 2012

Weekly Update - cucumbers and flowers


The weather this week is in the low 80s. It's actually nice and not too hot. Although the cilantro started bolting, the other hot weather veggies are loving it! 

Cukes, curcubit, or cucumbers are the vegetable for this weeks harvest. Mr. Wonderful was surprised by them, in a good way. I was surprised too! If you notice those bumps on the skin, they have really small, but sharp thorns on them, something I didn't expect. This is the first time I really harvested cukes. I will be pickling them this evening and posting about it later.

Roses from the front yard were already put in when we purchased the house. I will definitely be keeping these. I place them in the restrooms and they make them smell so lovely, instead of you know what!

 
The zinnias I planted earlier this summer are starting to bloom. They don't really have a smell to them, but the have amazing color and are great for cut flowers! I'm hoping there will be more blooms when we have our housewarming party in a couple of weeks.

 Hope all is growing well in your garden!


1 comment:

  1. Your roses are really pretty; and those cukes are going to make some great dill pickles!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...